Here are five tips that will ensure your 2018 home purchase is smooth and successful:
1. Check your credit and check it often. You may be surprised to find that there is some information on your credit report that is inaccurate or you didn’t know about if you don’t check it regularly. The things on your credit report should be an accurate reflection of who you are today credit-wise.
2. Keep tabs on interest rates. Whether they’re going up or down, remember that you may not always be able to qualify for the best rate. Your credit history, payment history, job history, current market conditions, and which lender you work with will affect which rate you get.
3. Start working with a lender today. It’s never too early to start working with a lender so you can see what your purchasing power can be or should be. A great lender will outline your options and also advise you on them. They can give you a side-by-side comparison of what you can afford, what you should afford, and which programs will help you afford more.
4. Get pre-approved early. If you plan on purchasing a home in 2018, get pre-approved now so you can meet with a lender and see how much you can afford and they can look at your full financial picture. As prices increase, you want to know how much you can afford and be ready so you can know (and sellers can know) that you’re a solid buyer.
5. Don’t forget to get in touch with us. We’re here to answer any questions you may have about the home buying process. We’d love to meet with you and give you a buyer consultation so we can explain the buying process to you and answer any questions you may have.
If you have any questions or you’re thinking about buying a home soon, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. We’d love to help you and we hope to hear from you soon.